Hey Guys, In this post, I will share the solution to Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET Error which sometimes you get on your Google Chrome Browser. I was browsing today and got this error messages of DNS probe finished no internet error on my Chrome browser. So, I fixed this issue by using simple methods that I am going to explain in this article. There are different causes for this issue, we will discuss the solution for all the possible reasons for this problem.
The reason for this error is quite simple. The error message shows that there is something wrong with your system DNS settings. The problem may be occurring due to the incomplete internet connection with your PC and router. Previously, we have discussed ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR with different solutions. Now, as like that, we will know the different methods to solve the dns_probe_finished_no_internet error. So, let me just explain the various fixes for this issue.
DNS PROBE FINISHED NO INTERNET
Before you go to the solutions, make sure you have a working internet connection. Try to open any website on other browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer. If it’s working fine then you may proceed to the steps given below. Also, know the fixes of Err_Spdy_Protocol_Error that we have already discussed in an earlier post.
#1. Clear DNS Cache of Chrome Browser
This is the first try that you should give to get rid of this error. You just have to clear the DNS cache of your Chrome and hopefully your problem will be solved. For doing this, just follow the simple steps given below.
- At first, enter the given URL to your Chrome address bar and then hit enter.
- You will get a new screen where you will get an option to Clear Host Cache.
- Simply click on the ‘Clear Host Cache’ button that you can see.
- That’s all. Your DNS Cache will be cleared immediately. You can now restart your browser to check whether your problem is solved or not.
If you are still getting the DNS error then don’t worry. Check the other solutions that I have shared below. I’m sure any one of them will fix your problem.
#2. Change DNS Address to Open DNS
You can also fix dns_probe_finished_no_internet by changing the DNS from the TCP/IPv4 settings. Most of the DNS errors of your PC can be fixed using this method. To perform this action, let’s see the steps below.
- Goto the Network settings of your Windows PC. Just right-click on the Network icon from the taskbar and click ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’ option. You can also open Network settings from the Control Panel.
- Now, go to the Properties of the Network (which you are currently using) and then Find the ‘Networking’ in the properties.
- Select the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and then click on the Properties button.
- Now, click on the ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ option.
- In the Preferred and Alternate DNS server address, Enter these given values.
- Preffered DNS Server Address – 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS Server Address – 18.104.22.168
- That’s all. You just need to click on the OK button to save the settings.
The message dns_probe_finished_no_internet may not appear next time on your Chrome Browser. Try to re-open your Chrome browser and open any webpage. If you are still getting the error, you can try other methods that are listed below.
#3. Using Command Prompt
You can also fix the dns_probe_finished_no_internet error by executing some commands using the Cmd. Just open the Command Prompt by pressing the Windows + R key and then type cmd in the box. The command prompt will be launched and now enter the given commands in the cmd. Also, press enter each time you enter the given commands.
- Open Command Prompt (Run as Administrator). In the command prompt, enter the given command.
netsh winsock reset
- After that, press the Enter key. This command will reset Winsock program of your PC.
Now, just restart your Computer. If you see the error again, then your IP address may be causing an issue. Just try these other commands which will renew/change the IP address of your system.
- Open the command prompt again and enter these values. Hit enter every time after typing these commands.
- Make sure to give space before the Slash (/). Also, try to flush the DNS to solve the problem. Enter this command and after that hit enter.
- That’s all. After executing all the commands, just restart your Computer. This time your problem may be solved. If you are still facing the error then try the other methods.
#4. Update Device Drivers
The outdated drivers, especially the Network drivers may cause this issue. So, just make sure you have the updated drivers. If not, then Update the device drivers by following the steps below.
- Press Windows + R key and type devmgmt.msc in the search box. Then Click OK.
- The Device Manager will be opened in the new Window. Find the Network Adapters option and double click on it to expand.
- Now, select your Network device i.e WiFi driver/Modem which connects your PC to use the internet connection.
- Right click on it and then click Update Driver Software option.
- Select your preferred option to install the driver update. You can either search automatically from the Internet or browse from your Computer to manually update the device driver.
- Now, install the device driver and afterward, you can reconnect to your Network device.
If this method doesn’t solve your problem then you can also try other efforts to fix the DNS probe finished no internet error.
#5. Re-install, Clear Data of Browser
You can try to clear cache & cookies in your Chrome Browser first to solve this issue. If it doesn’t solve your problem then you need to re-install or update the Google Chrome to the latest version.
→ Clear Cache & Cookies
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete or go to chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
- Now, select Cache and Cookies option there.
- Finally, click on the Clear Data option.
- Your browsing cache and cookies will be deleted instantly.
→ Re-install Chrome Browser
- Just uninstall the currently installed Chrome and download the latest Chrome Setup from below.
- After that, double-click on the downloaded file and then follow the further instructions to install the program.
- Now, open the browser and open the webpage which you want to access. Hopefully, you will not get the DNS probe finished no internet anymore.
These were the working solutions to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error on Google Chrome. Most of us get this error and I have shared the permanent solution to this issue through this article. I hope you will not get the ‘dns probe finished no internet’ error message after applying these fixes.